ardour and ardour3 packages

Can someone enlighten me why we forked these packages with the naming scheme this way?

I know that the licensing changed from the version 2 and version 3 releases and caused us to package them separately, but it seems to me like it's backwards. Is there a fedora policy that would prohibit us from packaging ardour3 under the package name ardour and ardour ver 2 under ardour2.

I can see this as being a potentially sore spot for new users to try to install Ardour with "yum install ardour" and being disappointed and or confused with why Fedora is a whole version behind. Or bewildered when they start using the program and it doesn't look right and the menus are all wrong according to the website.