Jam represented well at SCaLE.

Hey guys, I was at the Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) this weekend to work the Fedora booth. Just wanted to let you all know that I brought a laptop with the spin installed on it, set it up with a Fast Track Pro, mic, keyboard, keyboard stand, and a guitar.

I was running Ardour, Hydrogen, Guitarix, and Qsynth,

I had done a cover song in Ardour/Hydrogen, and was ready to help people start adding to it/messing with it.

Surprising to me, not that many people really cared about the recording but a TON of people were shocked by the guitar/effects and wanted to play. At times it drew a fairly large crowd and started a ton of conversations that we wouldn't have had at the booth without it.

We actually won the "Most Interesting Booth" award from SCaLE.

Some interesting things I took away from conversations with people who stopped by:

1) Several Asked if there was a group install (so like  +5 on that idea)

2) Many of these people weren't real linux users and asked if there were specific instructions on how to set it up. Two of these asked if there was a youtube video showing how to do it, which I think is a great idea, and I'll do if no one else wants to pick it up.

3) Two people asked if there was any music that was recorded with Jam, I didn't know of any, and I can't think of anyone who has. Anyone have any input on this?

5) Several people were asking for Ableton-like programs and I didn't know of any that were on the spin.

4) What do you guys think about a Fedora Activity Day where we can maybe do a joint effort for a group recording project? Not quite sure how that would look, but I think it's doable.

There are a few other easy fixes for us to change on the spin, but I'll address those later. Great job guys!

I wish I had remembered to take pictures of the rig, but I didn't. I'll look for a few and see if I can get one.