Re: raspberry pi effects box (was Re: Liner notes)

On 29 January 2014 07:01, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/28/2014 03:15 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
>>
>> Just to follow up:
>>
>> On 26 January 2014 23:22, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently acquired a raspberry pi. I'm wondering if it's capable of
>>> running guitarix (probably not, but yet to try).
>>>

>> It turns out there's a heck of a lot of stuff that's already been tried:
>> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi
>> http://guitarextended.wordpress.com/
>> http://ampbrownie.com/creating-a-raspberry-pi-guitar-effects-unit/
>>
>> Very tempted to give this a go at some point now. (Slight fedora
>> relevance: there is of course a version of fedora for Pi)
>

> Pidora, yes.
> And there is a version of Planet CCRMA for Pidora 18 as well! Well, very
> very preliminary but the repositories already include pd-extended,
> supercollider, a working jack and a 3.10.27 based rt patched kernel. It is a
> start...
>
> But the pi is slow... brings back memories of very old computers I worked
> with in the past...

Well, I haven't made any progress on this yet (there's a central
heating project I've been tasked with first...), but might be of
interest to some here that Farnell are now selling an add-on board for
HD audio in/out on the PI:
http://uk.farnell.com/wolfson-microelectronics/wolfson-audio-card/audio-card-for-use-with-raspberry/dp/2347264?CMP=e-email-250214-Wolfson

(Or you could get a USB audio module like people have done previously,
but I suspect without USB might have lower overhead, also more
compact)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk