Re: Jam spin F20 alpha test

Quoting Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 12 September 2013 18:22, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm going to be alpha testing F20 (desktop) as soon as it comes out. I've
got two laptops and a workstation now and the older laptop is a
crash-and-burn machine. Should I switch to the Jam test-compose? As long as
R also works I can get everything working.

BTW, I'm getting back to playing with Pd (from Planet CCRMA at the moment,
although I plan to switch to building it from source).

Is Pd = puredata? I mentioned a while back I'd been thinking of trying
to use a usb gamepad as a midi source, didn't mean poking hardware,
but finding some way of linking up the joystick drivers to the midi
interface, it looked like puredata might be one way to do that, but
haven't got around to trying yet.

Yes, pd-* is Pure Data. I just got a Beta book from Pragmatic on Pd - http://pragprog.com/book/thsound/programming-sound-with-pure-data.

In other news, I probably posted this already, but I have my HP Pavilion dv4 on Fedora 20, installed from the Jam 20130914 nightly 64-bit ISO. It seems to be rock-solid, at least on a wired network. I'm currently learning both Pure Data and ChucK. I've got them both installed on my Fedora 19 laptop from Planet CCRMA, but I know ChucK builds from source on both 19 and 20. I haven't tried a source build of Pure Data yet on either; it looks a bit hairy compared to ChucK.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://znmeb.github.io/CompJournoStick/

Pondering the pandemonium of pontificating pantheism to ponderous pandas since 1994