Re: Its official!

On 07/03/2013 03:38 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
On 07/02/2013 07:08 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
On 07/02/2013 06:44 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 2 July 2013 16:54, Greg Bailey <gbailey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/2/2013 7:48 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:

It's been a long time coming but as of now Fedora has its own audio
spin.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who helped make this happen.

You can download there spin here:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/jam-kde/

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

Nice.

Congratulations to all involved!

Quick question(s) though...  I guess I'm confused how these spins are
supposed to work... the included package list at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_jam#Included_Packages

doesn't mention the "mup" music typesetting package which is now
included in
Fedora; I had added it to the list of packages that should be
included on
the wiki page at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_creation_spin_development

There are two sections, primary (must be on the spin) and secondary
(aim to have packaged). You moved it on to primary, 18th April, but
that was after the F19 feature freeze (12th March) and the planned
Alpha release (16th April). I don't know what implications the feature
freeze has for packages included in spins, but I doubt we could
include more packages after alpha that weren't previously planned.
Since picking up new packages from the wiki is manual (so far as I
know), it'd be worth emailing here too if you thought it needed to be
included, especially close to the feature freeze. Also the spins
actually have to get submitted in time for those milestones, so while
there aren't published deadlines for Jam packages Brendan does need
time to get things together. In summary I think, "narrowly missed
out."

Yeah sorry, we probably could have added extra packages but it wasn't on
my radar.

Perhaps we could add another section after the package list which
outlines some packages which missed the cut. I have a few late ones also
that didn't make it:

radium-compressor
lv2-triceratops
lv2-newtonator

I have done this.

I will mup and these to the master kickstart sometime soon.

Also, I have fleshed out the contribute section.Feel free to edit and
amend.

This page is now linked to the main spins page. A few typos and wrong links that have been corrected should make it out into the wild soon.

If anyone has anything else to add please do - I guess this page should serve as the spin entry point to the wiki so we should probably aim it at the broadest possible audience. Trying to keep it lean and simple but is there anything else we should add? Musicians guide, other wiki links?

So I checked https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_jam#Included_Packages again, and I still don't see mup listed as an included package. I guess I can download the spin to see if it's there, but I'm confused by these earlier emails as to whether it was included or not. Is there something I need to do?

thanks!
Greg