Re: Compatible USB Audio Interface

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:42:06 +0100
From: Mark Knoop <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: music@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Compatible USB Audio Interface

At 12:44 on 26 Jul 2013, Brendan Jones wrote:
>On 07/26/2013 10:19 AM, Mark Knoop wrote:
>> At 08:28 on 26 Jul 2013, Brendan Jones wrote:
>>> Look I'm really interested in peoples experience with there USB
>>> devices that have more than two ins and outs. I haven't tried one as
>>> yet but will be on the market for a new interface soon. I am using a
>>> cheap Behringer UCA 202 when I need an extra out for monitoring (but
>>> that's not recording, just useful for DJing at parties ;)
>>
>> I have a stable setup with an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra. USB2.0,
>> 8-in/8-out, MIDI, digital in/out (coax, not optical), upto 24-bit @
>> 96kHz. The sound quality is good (although the mic pre-amps are
>> nothing to get excited about).

How come you are looking for an alternative to the M-Audio Fast Track if
it is a stable set-up? Are you able to route audio playback through it
from a media player (amarok, rhythmbox) successfully? I found the Fast
Track available here:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-Fast-Track-Ultra-USB-2-0-Audio-Interface-241806-i1432135.gc

What version of fedora are you using it with? and what software (jack,
audacity, ardour)?