Re: WhySynth GUI not opening, although hostname is resolvable (OSC issue?)

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you run in verbose mode you should see a successful OSC update request. If you do and still no GUI, it maybe something else.

jack-dssi-host -v whysynth.so
<snip>
WhySynth_gtk starting (pid 4176)...
jack-dssi-host: OSC: got update request from <osc.udp://fedora18:14218/dssi/whysynth/WhySynth/chan00>

Basically, Brendan, it get's to

jack-dssi-host: trying to execute GUI at "/usr/lib/dssi/whysynth/WhySynth_gtk"
host: Ready
WhySynth_gtk starting (pid 3273)...

and then sits there without a GUI opening up and showing itself. As can be seen, an instance for the GUI is running and shows up with ps -e.

Really seems that something is blocking the OSC communication. I'll get something that uses OSC to check with also.

I guess the MIDI notes must be sent on a dedicated MIDI port since the WhySynth plugin shows a MIDI port and audio port in Jack and works fine. It's just the GUI. Calf plugins open up their GUIs. I don't know if they are using OSC to communicate control information like WhySynth does.

I carry on...

Sean