Re: WhySynth GUI not opening, although hostname is resolvable (OSC issue?)

Christopher, Thanks for the input.

I went to permissive, which I'll run in to lighten my computer's load anyway. Unfortunately, that didn't clear up the issue.

Just got PD up and running last night. I'll see if it has OSC issues.

Thanks, again.

Sean

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Christopher Antila <crantila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi:

On 05/14/2013 12:01 PM, Sean Beeson wrote:
> Brendan,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have the same version installed-- whysynth-dssi.i686  20120729-1.fc18
>  @fedora.
>
> It's really looking like a network/name/port resolution issue then.
> Since I'm not getting any Selinux messages, I can probably eliminate
> that as well.

Sometimes, SELinux will prevent something, but not report it. It's worth
switching to "permissive" mode for a trial run, just to be sure. If it
works with SELinux in permissive mode, I'll point you to the
documentation you can use to figure things out... but
docs.fedoraproject.org isn't working at the moment...

> Do you know of any other simple and quick programs for me to test OSC
> with, BTW?

It's not simple, but everybody should always have SuperCollider and
PureData installed at all times, just in case.

Christopher