Re: List of packages

On 01/18/2013 11:38 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 18 January 2013 17:27, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/18/2013 12:19 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey all,

I announced the nightly spin on LAU today and one question was "What
packages are included with this release?"

Apart from pointing them to the kickstart and the devel/wishlist pages, I
had no answer.

As the spin is not part of the spin's page, perhaps we need to create a
dedicated page listing all of the packages etc. I think this should be
separate from the page that is used to source the "official" spin page
[1].
Better to treat this as a remix from here (but still link to the
nightlies).
Anyone have some space somewhere where we can host this?

I've added a list of included packages to the spin page (taken directly from
the kickstart) in the meantime [1].

Can you clarify what's required? It sounds like:
1. A page to point people to for information on the spin, could this
just be a dedicated page on the wiki for each Jam release? Since
they're built as nightlies I doubt the rest of Fedora really wants to
distance itself that far from it :)

My comments are born from utter frustration. We worked really hard to get this out (all of us) and to not have it officially linked on the Get Fedora page is an insult. The Spins wrangler was supposed to take care of all of this but has not, however we can petition the websites team, releng (again) to do this mid-release. I'm just not confident

2. Somewhere to host an actual release ISO. I do still have
fedorapeople space I don't use for anything else, though I did get the
impression from you that wasn't exactly a good idea, and probably less
so for a static release than something we could legitimately call
development. Though maybe worth asking engineering?

As far as I'm aware, release engineering makes the official releases available to all the mirrors, torrents etc; this is not the case with the nightlies, and definitely not with any personal fedoraproject accounts (thus my hesitation).