Re: List of packages

On 18 January 2013 17:27, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/18/2013 12:19 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Brendan Jones
>> <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I announced the nightly spin on LAU today and one question was "What
>>> packages are included with this release?"
>>>
>>> Apart from pointing them to the kickstart and the devel/wishlist pages, I
>>> had no answer.
>>>
>>> As the spin is not part of the spin's page, perhaps we need to create a
>>> dedicated page listing all of the packages etc. I think this should be
>>> separate from the page that is used to source the "official" spin page
>>> [1].
>>> Better to treat this as a remix from here (but still link to the
>>> nightlies).
>>> Anyone have some space somewhere where we can host this?
>

> I've added a list of included packages to the spin page (taken directly from
> the kickstart) in the meantime [1].

Can you clarify what's required? It sounds like:
1. A page to point people to for information on the spin, could this
just be a dedicated page on the wiki for each Jam release? Since
they're built as nightlies I doubt the rest of Fedora really wants to
distance itself that far from it :)

2. Somewhere to host an actual release ISO. I do still have
fedorapeople space I don't use for anything else, though I did get the
impression from you that wasn't exactly a good idea, and probably less
so for a static release than something we could legitimately call
development. Though maybe worth asking engineering?

Is that it or have I misunderstood? Is part of #1 actually having a
professional looking page or something else that couldn't be done with
the wiki?

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk