Re: List of packages

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I announced the nightly spin on LAU today and one question was "What
> packages are included with this release?"
>
> Apart from pointing them to the kickstart and the devel/wishlist pages, I
> had no answer.
>
> As the spin is not part of the spin's page, perhaps we need to create a
> dedicated page listing all of the packages etc. I think this should be
> separate from the page that is used to source the "official" spin page [1].
> Better to treat this as a remix from here (but still link to the nightlies).
> Anyone have some space somewhere where we can host this?
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_jam

I think it should stay on the Wiki, but if not, Github offers (for
public projects)

1. Wikis
2. Simple but usable issue tracking
3. Project blogs using Octopress (some Ruby knowledge required, but
mostly the ability to follow directions)
4. It's Github!

I'm tied up in the computational journalism stuff till the end of
January but February is "traditionally" a month I devote to
algorithmic composition hacking and I'm definitely going to merge my
stuff into Fedora Jam whether it's a spin or a remix.

Speaking of remixes, I'm going to publish one of my own soon. I'm not
sure whether it will be computational journalism or R language focused
at the moment - the bill of materials is essentially what's in
http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/
at the moment but I may pull the non-R things entirely and try to go
for a broader audience.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?