Re: RC1 - should Fedora Jam be there?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/06/2013 08:58 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>
>> Fedora 18 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) was just released. I'm
>> looking at the spins
>> (http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-RC1/Spins/x86_64/) and I
>> don't see Fedora Jam. Is it supposed to be there?
>>
> Apparently due to a failure in the Spins process we will miss out on being
> linked to the the "official" spins page. There is also a body of work for
> releng to git the spin into the official releases. It is managed somewhat
> differently than the spin-kickstart nightly composes.
>
> It goes without saying that I am pretty unhappy about this. There's a thread
> discussing this on the spins list [1]. Apparently the spins team is also
> understaffed. For F19 we are going to have to kick them along a bit. I may
> even join them to see if I can help, but there's still a lot to do with
> regards to the spin first.
>
> I am still going to raise a ticket to get the web page up - we'll see how
> far that is going to get us. It shouldn't stop us from self-promoting the
> nightly composes - at least they will be up to date once F18 is released and
> the freeze is lifted. It is a shame that we won't be linked to the "Get
> Fedora" pages.
>
> :(

Shit happens when there are multiple slips - it's just the way
software project management works. I've got one machine that goes
video-nuts with the 3.7 kernel that just showed up in the F18 updates.
It's so video-nuts that I can't even figure out how to file a bug
report. Since it's an ancient crash-and-burn machine anyway, I'm
probably going to dual-boot it Rawhide and PC BSD. ;-)

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?