Re: RC1 - should Fedora Jam be there?

On 01/06/2013 08:58 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
Fedora 18 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) was just released. I'm
looking at the spins
(http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-RC1/Spins/x86_64/) and I
don't see Fedora Jam. Is it supposed to be there?

Apparently due to a failure in the Spins process we will miss out on being linked to the the "official" spins page. There is also a body of work for releng to git the spin into the official releases. It is managed somewhat differently than the spin-kickstart nightly composes.

It goes without saying that I am pretty unhappy about this. There's a thread discussing this on the spins list [1]. Apparently the spins team is also understaffed. For F19 we are going to have to kick them along a bit. I may even join them to see if I can help, but there's still a lot to do with regards to the spin first.

I am still going to raise a ticket to get the web page up - we'll see how far that is going to get us. It shouldn't stop us from self-promoting the nightly composes - at least they will be up to date once F18 is released and the freeze is lifted. It is a shame that we won't be linked to the "Get Fedora" pages.

:(