Re: Timidity/Rosegarden issues

On 12/13/2012 10:52 PM, A. A. wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to send this. If there's a
better place where I can get help, please tell me.

I made a rosegarden project and exported it to a MIDI file. When I play
this file with Timidity it sounds wrong- too much sustain on every
single note. The original file still sounds fine on Rosegarden though. I
wanted to check whether the problem is in the exporting or in the
playing (in Rosegarden or in Timidity) by importing the MIDI file to
Rosegarden, but now when I open QJackCtl it stops immediately after I
press "start", so I can't play anything with Rosegarden.

Are you using at the same soundfont in Rosegarden and Timidity?

There is soundfount ramping in timidity which you can configure. Default is none.

man timidity