Re: spin-kickstarts/fedora-jam

On 12/02/2012 06:53 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 30 November 2012 11:27, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30 November 2012 10:21, ArthurX <arthurx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Brendan and others,

I use fedora for sound recording
and I'm interested in your project to make a good package off it.
I will test it in the weekend, the nightly  build iso,

Cool! N.B. the link on the wiki currently points to my static build
(7th Nov) rather than the nightlies. It looks like Jørn has a nightly
for yesterday (corresponding to the F18 beta release), but he was the
one who changed the link on the wiki, so possibly that build was
unsuccessful. I'll be trying to build a new one today or tomorrow and
will email once it's up.

Arggh. Sorry for the delay, new image is 1.5GB and it turns out this
makes rsync pretty useless for resuming[1], I'm trying again, but it
may have to wait till tomorrow when I'll have a decent upload speed
again.

[1] given the default quota limit on fedorapeople, you need enough
space for the partially completed file and the full transfer.

I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to use fedorapeolpe for isos,

Bad news is the spins wrangler has completely missed all our efforts and we'd be very lucky to make the "spin" for 18. If that is the case I don't think I can wait, so the spin will become a remix ... just need to find a host now (well in that case there's nothing stopping us from shipping an RT kernel and whatever else we need from CCRMA - pissed off is understating it somewhat - I will not let this go)