Re: fedora jam spec/theming

On 19 October 2012 11:02, Jørn Lomax <northlomax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 19/10/2012 02:06, Ian Malone wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was puzzling for a while over some things on the live CD that were
>> puzzling me about theming and KDE menu options and have finally taken
>> the time to look into it. Writing it up here while I remember.
>>

> I'll make sure this gets fixed on the kickstart file! thanks for working it
> out, I suck at that kind of stuff

No problem. The one thing is fixing it (the theming that is, not
FavoriteURLs) in the kickstart does require getting the theme package
installed and therefore packaged in fedora. I've been including it in
a file:/// repo for testing so far (or working on an overlay image,
liveimage-mount coupled with a clean overlay backup is a very useful
tool).

> I haven't done any major updates to the kickstart file in a while. I have
> been hoping for some feedback on the whole "add user to additional groups"
> before I edited it again so I could save some time (school is kicking my
> arse at the moment), but there has been no movement on the spins wrangling
> front, so I might just have to get everything else ready and then fix the
> group thing at a later date.

So far as I can see the group thing works for liveuser, can't remember
if there were more groups than audio and jackuser being discussed.
Haven't tested whether they are available after install to disk (would
need to get around to setting up a vm for that).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk