Re: Another background idea

On 21 September 2012 13:11, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/21/2012 01:44 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
>>
>> On 20 September 2012 18:14, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> Nice - maybe we could give it a blue tint! Great idea
>>>
>>> I recommend downloading the source of the existing KDE themes - gives you
>>> good idea of how its done ...
>>

>> Well, I can see what files are used, but not how the reflections and
>> fade-in animation frames are generated from the source icon (the
>> fade-in in the default theme seems to have some blurring applied).
>> It's possible to rig something up but I've asked at the kde-artists
>> list if there's any standard recipe:
>> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-artists&m=134822672328634&w=2
>> (archive might only be available to list members, will report back if
>> I get an answer)
>>
> To be honest I'm not sure how it works either - but I have a little idea.
>
> I copied the whole BeefyMiracle theme a while back and just grepped the name
> out of all the text files and replaced with FedoraJam - no package submitted
> yet - this will eventually point to the backgrounds as well and be included
> by default on the kickstart.
>
> Happy for you to request access via the Music Creation group in FAS, and you
> can update as you see fit.
>
> A link to the animations you can find here:
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/music-creation.git/tree/fedora-jam-kde-theme/src/ksplash/FedoraJam/2048x1536

Answers:
---
Ivan Čukić:
You can try searching for theme generators for it on kde-look (I remember
there being a few scripts).

For easier theme creation, you can use ksplashqml instead, it is much more
pleasant - reflections and all are rather trivial to do.

Cheerio,
Ivan
---

Nuno Pinheiro:
---
> For easier theme creation, you can use ksplashqml instead, it is much more
> pleasant - reflections and all are rather trivial to do.
>
> Cheerio,
> Ivan

yeah but i did them manualy, yeah boring work :)
---

I probably wont have much time to look at doing this till mid October,
which probably doesn't line up well with release deadlines. ksplashqml
is in F18 and does look a bit easier. Doing them manually is
plausible, but I'm not sure when I'd be able to find the time.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk