Re: Another background idea

On 20 September 2012 18:14, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 06:51 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
>

>> Did have a bit of a play at icons for the splash, but I'm not a
>> graphic designer and it looked pretty amateur (also couldn't find a
>> good way of doing the fade-in, the ksplasher/ksplasherx program isn't
>> great, not sure what's actually used). A selection from the
>> media-related KDE icons might be a solution.
>>
> Nice - maybe we could give it a blue tint! Great idea
>
> I recommend downloading the source of the existing KDE themes - gives you a
> good idea of how its done ...

Well, I can see what files are used, but not how the reflections and
fade-in animation frames are generated from the source icon (the
fade-in in the default theme seems to have some blurring applied).
It's possible to rig something up but I've asked at the kde-artists
list if there's any standard recipe:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-artists&m=134822672328634&w=2
(archive might only be available to list members, will report back if
I get an answer)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk