Re: Another background idea

On 09/21/2012 01:44 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 20 September 2012 18:14, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/20/2012 06:51 PM, Ian Malone wrote:

Did have a bit of a play at icons for the splash, but I'm not a
graphic designer and it looked pretty amateur (also couldn't find a
good way of doing the fade-in, the ksplasher/ksplasherx program isn't
great, not sure what's actually used). A selection from the
media-related KDE icons might be a solution.

Nice - maybe we could give it a blue tint! Great idea

I recommend downloading the source of the existing KDE themes - gives you a
good idea of how its done ...

Well, I can see what files are used, but not how the reflections and
fade-in animation frames are generated from the source icon (the
fade-in in the default theme seems to have some blurring applied).
It's possible to rig something up but I've asked at the kde-artists
list if there's any standard recipe:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-artists&m=134822672328634&w=2
(archive might only be available to list members, will report back if
I get an answer)

To be honest I'm not sure how it works either - but I have a little idea.

I copied the whole BeefyMiracle theme a while back and just grepped the name out of all the text files and replaced with FedoraJam - no package submitted yet - this will eventually point to the backgrounds as well and be included by default on the kickstart.

Happy for you to request access via the Music Creation group in FAS, and you can update as you see fit.

A link to the animations you can find here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/music-creation.git/tree/fedora-jam-kde-theme/src/ksplash/FedoraJam/2048x1536