Re: Where is the kickstart file for the audio spin?

On 09/05/2012 03:54 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Christopher Antila wrote:

On 4 September 2012 14:30:08 M. Edward  Borasky wrote:
I really like KDE, but every time I try to use it, I find
annoyances that far outweigh its advantages and I end up dropping back
to GNOME or LXDE.

What kind of annoyances are these? If you're a sufficiently advanced user that
you're packaging your own software, there's probably not a simple solution,
but maybe it's a thing (or some things) that annoy lots of people, and we could
make modifications for Fedora Jam?

Certainly. I personally don't like the default settings of any of the
DE that comes with Fedora. KDE, unlike other DEs, is configurable
enough to fit my taste after a little work (For instance, I like to
have my digital clock on the lower left corner, in 24H display with
seconds showing. Seconds are important).

We can do this kind of customizations in the spin to appeal the needs
of a typical audio production user, provided that we come to an
agreement for such a classification.

Cheers,
Orcan

I encourage people to grab the latest KDE ISO (or the jam one if still available) and burn to a USB with overlay. Configure the desktop how you would like it (panels shortcuts etc) and zip up the .kde/share/config directory, name it with your FAS account and post on the music creation git. Also send a screenshot to the list so we can comment.

We can use these config settings in the kickstart to create a unique desktop experience for the spin. Personally, the first thing I do is create twin panels (GNOME 2.x style) with the window manager at the bottom, systray and menu at the top

As for theming I was hoping that we would theme all desktops (the backgrounds package does this at least) so that if the user chooses an alternate desktop at install time we still get the appropriate look and feel

Brendan