Re: Canorus

On 07/07/2012 03:09 PM, Jørn Lomax wrote:
> On 07/07/2012 21:02, Christopher Antila wrote:
>> On Saturday 07 July 2012 11:59:37 Elliott Chapin wrote:
>>> I see there's an Ubuntu package - just hoping it'll be back in Fedora. I
>>> want Canorus for notational flexibility.
>>>

>> Looks like the Fedora package was orphaned by Orcan:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=9217
>>
>> And development in general looks very slow--probably why it was
>> orphaned. If
>> somebody (like you!) is willing and able to pick this up, we'd be glad
>> to have
>> it. The reality is that there aren't enough package maintainers in the
>> Audio
>> SIG, and the ones we do have are stretched far and wide.
>>
>> Canorus isn't a priority, for me at least, because of the large amount of
>> actively developed music/audio software that's entirely missing from the
>> repositories. (Full disclosure: I'm not yet responsible for any
>> packages; I plan
>> to start with a few for Fedora 18).
>>
>> If you are interested in helping out, even by learning the
>> slow/long/difficult
>> way, we'd like to help you get started!
>>

>> Christopher.

> +1
>
> If you need any help to get started with packaging, I'm very willing to
> help. I have just been through the entire process, learning how to make
> a rpm file, how to get sponsored and all that jazz, so I have it fresh
> in memory ;)

Possibly interesting. I've had problems compiling it from source -
perhaps because of configure. I wonder if the Ubuntu pkg actually works,
and if it can be aliened. I'll poke the Canorus people again if they're
not listening. I don't have any experience in large scale work, and my
speciality is Forth. Canorus would exit on attempting save.

--
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin