Re: Canorus

On Saturday 07 July 2012 11:59:37 Elliott Chapin wrote:
> I see there's an Ubuntu package - just hoping it'll be back in Fedora. I
> want Canorus for notational flexibility.

Looks like the Fedora package was orphaned by Orcan:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=9217

And development in general looks very slow--probably why it was orphaned. If
somebody (like you!) is willing and able to pick this up, we'd be glad to have
it. The reality is that there aren't enough package maintainers in the Audio
SIG, and the ones we do have are stretched far and wide.

Canorus isn't a priority, for me at least, because of the large amount of
actively developed music/audio software that's entirely missing from the
repositories. (Full disclosure: I'm not yet responsible for any packages; I plan
to start with a few for Fedora 18).

If you are interested in helping out, even by learning the slow/long/difficult
way, we'd like to help you get started!

Christopher.