musicians guide updates (was Re: Primary software list is "complete")

On 4 July 2012 20:51, Christopher Antila <crantila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi:
>

> 4.) Correct me if I misunderstand, but it seems the biggest advantage of the
> Guide on the live media is not having to download the tutorial files. That makes
> sense, but the largest set of files--and the only set I want to keep in the long
> term--is for Ardour. They're copyrighted with CC-NC-SA, so we can't upload them
> to an official Fedora Project server (currently they're on Soundcloud). If the
> point is actually to have the documentation on the live media, we could craft a
> "no-media-files" branch to reduce the space it would take.

Actually I was thinking that it would be handy to have the reference
available if you didn't have connectivity. If you're in the middle of
a field somewhere and you want to check something on the setup for
example. This is perhaps a more likely scenario for the Jam spin than
the electronics or robotics spins for example.

> PLUG:
> If anybody is willing to volunteer an hour or two, to help point out exactly
> what needs to be updated in the Guide and how, I'd greatly appreciate it!
>
> List of Potential Changes:
> - the LilyPond chapter uses Frescobaldi 1.x
> - Qtractor has been updated significantly
> - the "real time" portion could use a rewrite
> - will we get supercollider into the Fedora repository?
> - all the NEW or ASSIGNED bugs on Bugzilla[0]

Unfortunately I don't really use any of those packages, but I could
take a stab at some of the bugzillas, particularly copy editing or
Jack setup. Is there a timeline they'd be needed for?

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk