Re: Default Desktop Environment

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Brendan Jones wrote:

Older systems will also benefit from using a somewhat lighter desktop. This is all just my opinion ...

I have an "older system" and use LXDE as my desktop.
My current installation is based on the Fedora 16 LXDE LiveCD spin. After that I completed it with Audio/MIDI stuff from the Fedora, Rpmfusion, and PlanetCCRMA repos. I also removed and/or replaced some components I did not need or like.

A dedicated Fedora Audio spin would be nice to get started, whatever DE is choosen, and everyone will stille have complete freedom to personalize his setup by installing any other desktop.

--

MT