Re: kernel I use for music production

On 04/26/2011 08:53 AM, William Blackburn wrote:
> Hello, I want to share something with the music community. I have been
> using the stock 2.6.38.4 kernel with the "ck" patch and have had nothing
> but great results with it. No X-runs or anything. If anyone is
> interested, feel free to ask me some questions about it. If you are on
> Fedora 15 it might be a good options since I don't think CCRMA has a
> rt-kernel for Fedora 15 yet.

As Fedora 15 does not exist yet...

> I can tell you how I went about installing
> the patched kernel if you need. The patch also is said to speed up basic
> responsiveness, but this subject is up for debate.

A little bit more information would be great. What applications do you
use? Are you running jack for them? With what parameters? (ie: frames
per period, periods per buffer, sampling rate, etc). What soundcard do
you use? Are you really loading the machine when testing?

And with the same conditions what kind of problem did you see in the
regular Fedora 15 kernel?

-- Fernando