Re: Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Alas, the RPMFusion version of qtractor is quite buggy, perhaps
nearing unusable.
(see http://old.nabble.com/qtractor-on-planetccrma-older-than-rpmfusion-version--ts28491672.html
for more info)

If you must install an rpm , or want to check it out without investing any time:
http://nielsmayer.com/qtractor-0.4.6-4.npm.fc12.src.rpm
http://nielsmayer.com/qtractor-0.4.6-4.npm.fc12.x86_64.rpm
http://nielsmayer.com/qtractor-debuginfo-0.4.6-4.npm.fc12.x86_64.rpm

Orcan will have to give further information about rpmfusion getting an
update on a fast-running-project straight out of subversion, just
because an enthusiastic user said it was ok to do... and
safer/better/faster/stronger than any of the RPM versions around,
including mine.

That's why I advised:
Use the subversion trunk bleeding-edge version -- it
just means more bugs are fixed --
http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-downloads.html#SVN and
compile/install
http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html#Installation . To
see Rui's progress:
http://qtractor.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/qtractor/trunk/?view=log

Given the steady trickle of updates, I wonder whether a 0.5 release is
upcoming, which would solve some of Orcan's potential issues w/
maintaining a totally random version of some random package....

Because it is no random package it's a gem lacking a little polish: an
open and free version of http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/ (or
at least cakewalk pro audio:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/software-ecology-rui-nuno-capela:
"By late in this time I was just another user of some Windows
applications, of which only the Cakewalk Pro Audio DAW do I still
praise" ).

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com