Re: Re-introduction, re-launch, comments?

Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
Hi,

So this list has been basically empty this year -- no posts so far in all
of 2006.  Which is a shame; it's an idea with potential.

Why hasn't it succeeded? My idea: I don't think people know what is asked of them, as mentors.

I personally do not know what exactly is expected of me as a mentor. To recount an incident, the other day someone popped into #fedora-mentors irc channel looking for help. He said that **he wanted to contribute**. I had to keep questioning him to fully understand his area of interest and then I directed him to the other appropriate channels where he could find people of similar interest as I was not in a position to answer all his questions.

We basically have this as a FAQ in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ which leads to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted. Now its upto to the different project people to come up with a introductory kit for both the mentors and the mentees. An hour a week or so is not a problem but we all need more guidelines preferably in written form. My profile at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram.

--
Rahul