[fedora-marketing] Issue #248 `Create an education-focused marketing campaign`

jflory7 added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
**Discussed in [2017-03-07 meeting](https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-03-07/marketing.2017-03-07-14.00.html).**

Ideally, we want to have a concept or proposal to share with the Fedora Council in time for our presentation of the state of Fedora Marketing (currently aimed for March 22nd). In the meeting today, @x3mboy covered the scope and three initial milestones. Feedback is welcome and encouraged. Ideally, in our next meetings, we will be able to revise or expand on the milestones to get a more complete picture.

### Scope

We discussed about what the scope of an "education-focused" campaign would be. We first considered the type of educational institute to focus on. Considering that it's a plausible conclusion that we have more contributors involved with universities instead of local primary / high schools and we might be able to have a more easily measurable impact at universities, we first narrowed it down to **universities**. Secondly, we considered the different roles of a university community, and decided to again narrow it down to specifically **students**. The thinking is that it is likely easier for a professor to share Fedora / Linux / open source with other faculty and students than for a student to introduce the same things to a professor or faculty member.

It's not impossible that these scopes can be expanded in the future, but for now, the purpose to start small and maximize our available resources to the highest potential, and then grow as the campaign grows.

### First three milestones

More detailed discussion in the [full logs](https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-03-07/marketing.2017-03-07-14.00.log.html).

1. Build a "roster" of Fedora contributors involved at universities across the world (updating the [list we have already](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/University_Involvement_Initiative#Campus_Presence_Inventory))
2. Build university-focused "talking points" useful for Fedora contributors to introduce Fedora (and possibly wider concepts like Linux and open source) to students
3. From the points, begin creating resources (e.g. logos, brochures / flyers, etc.) based on the talking points to highlight strong parts and make it easier to get a message across
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/248