[fedora-marketing] Issue #248 `Create a education-focused marketing campaign`

jflory7 reported a new issue against the project: `fedora-marketing` that you are following:
``
**Originally discussed in [2017-02-14 meeting](https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-02-14/marketing.2017-02-14-13.58.html).**

# Summary

Similar to the [Fedora <3 Python](https://fedoralovespython.org/) campaign, the Marketing Team should organize a campaign targeted towards an education type of audience (students, professors, faculty, teachers, etc.).

# Analysis

This was a long discussion in our meeting, and before summarizing it, it's important to have some context of other similar things where this has been discussed or has been focused on already.

* [Fedora Objective: University Involvement Initiative](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/University_Involvement_Initiative)
* [Original EDU FAD 2016 plans](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_EDU_2016)
* [EDU refresh - raw notes](http://etherpad.osuosl.org/fedora-EDU-refresh)
* [CommOps ticket 43: EDU Roster](https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/43)

There's no easy way to summarize this one. But in short, we identified the unique success of the [Fedora <3 Python](https://fedoralovespython.org/) campaign in appealing to a unique niche of our broader audience of users. Ideally, we would like to craft a similar campaign that focuses more closely at a university / education type of audience.

### How to move forward

We established a strong interest and some general directions for how to proceed for this, but we will want to establish some sort of planning milestones and also circulate this idea with other groups. This would make a good candidate for something to share our more complete thoughts with the Fedora Council with, as per ticket #246, to get their input and feedback.
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/248