[fedora-marketing] Issue #242 `Update release activity steps / process on the wiki`

jflory7 added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
**Discussed in [2017-02-28 meeting](https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-02-28/marketing.2017-02-28-14.00.html).**

To break up what this press kit looks like, we tasked a few people to write a simple description or idea of what these things look like into this ticket. Then, we can port this over to a wiki page later and also try working on the first version to include in our press kit for this release. @ankursinha and @bproffit were going to discuss one-page release announcement, and @ankursinha was going to leave a comment answering questions about:

1. Timeline for when to be created during the release (being mindful of Fedora Docs team timeline)
2. General content to include or focus on in the announcement
3. How and where it should be delivered

My action was for background modules and past press coverage, which I have below. Note that these are suggestions that we will discuss and vote on at our next meeting.

## Background modules

* **What?**: General info about Fedora / Fedora community such as project metrics about technical and community components (similar to [State of Fedora talk](https://mattdm.org/fedora/2016flock/StateofFedoraAugust2016-v160731a.pdf))
* **Time to complete**: Created once, updated every key event

I see this information being most helpful for outward sources reporting on the Fedora Project. This would consist of news sites, media outlets, other Linux newsy sites, etc. Ideally, this information would be compiled once, and then along with each annual update, the numbers would be adjusted and updated as needed. This would likely be around Flock, when the FPL gives the State of Fedora talk.

Therefore, I see this best being a Markdown file in the press kit that we could convert to a PDF for delivery or sharing with media sites. We could communicate this somewhere between Beta and GA.

## Past press coverage

* **What?**: Short document with list of all news outlets / sites reporting on Fedora sorted by release
* **Time to complete**: Updated every meeting / reviewed at every release milestone

To me, it's unclear whether this is best used internally or externally. Clarifying this would be helpful to understand what we want to do for generating this document and how we deliver it. However, since we're already doing this roughly every meeting with the "_In the news_" announcements, it would be easy enough to sort this data from the meeting logs into a Markdown file inside of the press kit repository. We could do whatever we want with it after.

I definitely want to understand better why this document is important or what its role in a press kit would be. Is it helpful for other news outlets to see what other sites are writing about Fedora? Could this potentially bias them (positively or negatively)? An experienced marketeer's opinion would be helpful here. :grinning:
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/242