Where to put press kits: GitHub or Pagure?

Hey all,

Apologies for the delay in getting this thread started so late. In our
last meeting, we discussed the idea of integrating "press kits" more
fully into the Marketing workflow for each release. A press kit is a
deliverable we would prepare each release cycle, and also has the
benefit of having concrete activities that would need to be consistently
completed each release cycle (which makes it easy to document the
process and to help others contribute to these tasks).

Using a public git forge or public platform for the press kit is a good
way to promote our content and encourage community contributions, while
also making sure our work and content is easily findable and revisable.

One concern I had was where we decide to host this content. Pagure is
the default choice for any git repository in Fedora, but I also want to
be cognizant that git can be an intimidating tool for someone who is not
normally a technical person, and marketing is usually a non-technical
area of the project. Because of this, I think there are special concerns
to take into consideration when choosing a platform for where we want to
host our content.

Because of these reasons, I felt like GitHub might make a more intuitive
place to host the press kits than Pagure because of the benefit of
having a web editor where people can make quick edits or revisions, and
then easily submit those as a pull request. Having a tool like this
enables someone who has never played with git or isn't familiar with it
(but still has ideas to contribute) to have their input and contribute
to the content we host in the press kit.

Does anyone have any other thoughts about where we want to put our press
kits? We can discuss this in the meeting today too, but I wanted to try
to get this out earlier as a precursor to any discussion. Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory