Re: Spin Your Exhibit marketing ideas

On 02/24/2017 07:17 PM, Jeff Sandys wrote:
> I am Fedora Ambassador Jeff Sandys and gave a presentation called Spin
> Your Exhibit at Fedora Rochester. The main idea is that we want to give
> the Linux Fest guest an experience they will remember. By focusing on a
> spin we can focus the experience. While some guests are not interested
> in music or games, many are. Guests for music could experience playing
> instruments, guests for games could experience a TuxCart tournament or
> play other games. The swag we give guests should be associated with
> their experience, we gave guitar picks and TuxCart entry cards to
> guests. If a guest tells a friend about their Fedora experience we
> succeeded in making a connection.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_Your_Exhibit
>
> I hope the marketing team will take a look at my Spin Your Exhibit
> presentation and consider how we can improve the value of Fedora’s
> conference and Linux Fest presence and sponsorship.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Sandys

Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing your presentation and thoughts about Spin
Your Exhibit! For the past couple of weeks, Marketing has actually been
discussing what we can do to better reach specific target audiences,
along with how we build and put together our talking points each release.

You can see more of this discussion from some of our meeting logs, but
we'll hopefully be covering this more today as well!

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-02-14/marketing.2017-02-14-13.58.log.html#l-240

    https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/245

--
Cheers,