Re: Self-Introduction: Jose Danzicourt

On 08/04/2016 02:29 AM, Jose Danzicourt wrote:
Hi everyone !

My name is José Danzicourt and my (FAS) name is jolltz.

Hello Jose! Welcome to the Fedora Marketing list! Glad to have you here with us. :)

I will try to be brief, I would love to talk about how much I love Linux, Fedora and FOSS but here we go:

My lovely journey with Linux started when I was young with Red Hat and SuSe in 2001, then Fedora Core began and to this day I continue to use Fedora. It's my main and favorite distro.
Since then I'm enjoying the great software choice and freedom we have with Linux and Fedora.

[Skills]
I am a Filmmaker/Photographer that uses only FOSS software.
I do Hardware/OS fix for some Linux machines.
I like writing about everything. I did newsletters, articles and interviews at college.

This is my first time on an Open Source project collaboration, and what attracted me to join Fedora was the possibility to do all kinds of areas, and one I would like to do is to write for Fedora Magazine.

So you're definitely not a newcomer to Linux and Fedora then. Awesome! I think it would be really cool to know more about how you use Fedora for editing film and photos and what your workflow is like. Perhaps you could try covering one of the tools you use, or maybe a "Top 5 tips filmmakers / photographers using Fedora", or something along those lines. :)

Here's some pointers for getting started writing for the Magazine!

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Testing updates and doc work on the future sounds great too.
I would love to see more videos being made about Fedora. Funny, serious, interviews, music, anything would be great. Do we have a team doing this?

My goal with Fedora is to make the distro more attractive to all people, with experience on Linux or not.

As far as videos go, there is a videos team in Fedora, but I'm not sure how active they are. If you're interested in helping with other marketing tasks, like Gabriele mentioned, definitely take a look at some of the resources for the Marketing team and see if there's anything that interests you.

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

You are all an inspiration to me and I hope to do the same to other people.

Have a good day!

Looking forward to seeing you around in the project! :) Let us know if you have any questions.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory