Re: Apologies

On 05/31/2016 03:27 PM, James Hogarth wrote:
On 31 May 2016 16:53, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:40:54PM +0100, Matt Harwood wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just letting you know I'm afraid I won't be able to make tonight's
> meeting. I'll be more available over the next couple of days to gather
> more speed with the OpenShift article and will post to the list over the
> weekend with a draft for comment.
>
> Sorry for the slow progress on it, personal pressures have been using up
> a lot of my time.
>
> Hope to speak to you all soon!

No worries Matt.  We are happy to have your contribution.

We were thinking of breaking it into two articles:
* Installing OwnCloud on OpenShift
* Desktop integration of OwnCloud

That way it wouldn't be quite as daunting either.  Let us know when
you have a draft, we're looking forward to it!

If you're doing an OwnCloud article please ping me for an eyes over.

Add an FYI 9.0.2 got pushed to rawhide and F24 today, and I'll be
pushing it to F23 tomorrow.

Hey Matt, this article came up in tonight's meeting. You may have caught wind of the whole ownCloud / nextCloud thing happening right now that might put into question the stability of ownCloud as a project. James (jhogarth) was in the meeting today and he is a maintainer of ownCloud for Fedora. There is a chance Fedora may begin packaging nextCloud in the future, but James is holding off on making a decision until it's more clear where both communities are heading.

Do you think you want to put this article into the holding pen for now while things stabilize with ownCloud / nextCloud in terms of which project we're writing for? As far the guide goes, my understanding is that the technical points should be about the same, but it might be best to hold off on it for a while because of the recent news.

Let us know what you think! Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory