Re: Pitch: Sharing success of Fedora translation sprint with readers

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 03:44:04PM -0400, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> On 04/12/2016 01:20 AM, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >   We had fantastic translation sprint from 1st to 5th April. Overall
> >50+ participants in sprint with 18 language and number of packages with
> >around 20000 words translated.
> >
> >    I think it will be good to share this to Magazine readers. One idea
> >i specifically wanted to push with is translation is low barrier and
> >good chance for users to get converted into contributor for there own
> >language.
> >
> >     Any opinions?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Pravin
> >

> Hi Pravin,
>
> We briefly discussed this pitch in the CommOps meeting when we were talking
> about the vFAD in general. Seems like you and I had the same idea. :)
>
> I was thinking whether it would be better to publish this on the Community
> Blog or the Magazine, but I think doing an update to our community of
> readers about the translation status of Fedora 24 is a good idea. I think it
> will match up with our target audience on the Magazine.
>
> I'm inclined to think Ryan and Paul would also agree that this is a good
> article for the Magazine, so I am going to say you are all clear to begin
> working on the draft for this article! Once you have more progress and the
> article is ready for review, please follow up on this list with a link to
> your draft.
>
> Looking forward to reading more about this! :)

I would like to see such an article in the Magazine focus instead on
the process of becoming involved as a translator, or how to use the
translation tools to contribute.

Tools that explain team progress are less interesting to our end-user
audience than concrete tips or how-to articles.