Re: Pitch: Sharing success of Fedora translation sprint with readers

On 04/12/2016 01:20 AM, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

   We had fantastic translation sprint from 1st to 5th April. Overall
50+ participants in sprint with 18 language and number of packages with
around 20000 words translated.

    I think it will be good to share this to Magazine readers. One idea
i specifically wanted to push with is translation is low barrier and
good chance for users to get converted into contributor for there own
language.

     Any opinions?

Thanks,
Pravin

Hi Pravin,

We briefly discussed this pitch in the CommOps meeting when we were talking about the vFAD in general. Seems like you and I had the same idea. :)

I was thinking whether it would be better to publish this on the Community Blog or the Magazine, but I think doing an update to our community of readers about the translation status of Fedora 24 is a good idea. I think it will match up with our target audience on the Magazine.

I'm inclined to think Ryan and Paul would also agree that this is a good article for the Magazine, so I am going to say you are all clear to begin working on the draft for this article! Once you have more progress and the article is ready for review, please follow up on this list with a link to your draft.

Looking forward to reading more about this! :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory