Re: [proposal] Profile Series – Who is Fedora?

On 11/25/2015 10:38 AM, charles profitt wrote:
> 2. I think I understand the goal of the magazine a little bit better
> now, but want to confirm. The focus is on how to 'do things' with
> Fedora. So, personal stories should have an element of what that person
> does with Fedora. Is that accurate?

In a sense, yes. I wouldn't say it's only about how to "do things" but
the articles for the Magazine are definitely strongly oriented towards
the everyday user, both beginners and experts. They may use Fedora often
and keep up to date on major news on the Project, but they may not be
contributors. Articles that are more specific to contributors in the
Project (with some exceptions) are better targeted for the CommBlog.

Examples of past articles we have run are "how-to" articles, news
reports about events involving Fedora, calls for helping test things in
Fedora, and explanations of technologies available in Fedora.

I hope that helps clarify the purpose of the Magazine a bit. Let us know
if you have any other questions!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory