Re: recycling "Fedora Insight" name?

On 05/05/2015 06:54 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
So, thinking some about the content-for-contributors blog idea. I had
asked Ryan and Chris if they could go ahead with working on a Council
blog, but in the open floor meeting today there was some enthusiasm for
being broader than that.

I don't want to call such a blog "Fedora Contributor Blog" or similar,
though, because that's basically duplicating the Planet in a
centralized way — something I think we don't need.

So, I guess, multi-part question.

First, is it worth doing this _at all_, or should we wait for the
Fedora Hubs? The contributor-focused content could be presented in some
way (as feed items on the hub, say). In that case, the council blog
would be more focused to "okay, here's a place for Matthew and other
council members to put official stuff", and everything else (election
surveys, weekly graphs and charts of metrics, Fedora Objective RFCs,
etc.) could be on the Hub. But, I don't want to put so much
requirement-pressure on Hubs that it collapses before launch by being
asked to do too much.

Second, if people think it's worth going ahead with a
more-contributor-focused blog, what about reusing the Fedora Insight
name (and url, for that matter) from a few years ago? It's catchy, and
sounds somewhat insider-y (while not seeming closed-off).

What do you think?

In my head, this blog is more of Fedora Community News -- news items about the Fedora community, the scope of this would be like:

* Updates on upcoming events that we are holding / supporting -- FUDCon, Flock, and others that ambassadors are attending in an official capacity.

* Reports on what happened at such events -- a portion of Flock & Fudcon reports would also be useful for the magazine too, if they are talking about new features in Fedora itself

* News about an upcoming election -- including interviews with the candidates

* News about election results

* News items from the Council, FESCo, and other commitees and working groups that pertain to the organization & running of the project -- direct output from say, the working group that impacts users, like new features in a flavour would probably want to be on the magazine too.

--ryanlerch