Re: 10th Anniversary of the Fedora Project

Hi,

I think weekly basis is much better, as the next Fedora release is not
earlier as 2013-11-26. So, having retrospective with inserts from
earlier conference pictures, and features made we together, and
running systems,  FPLs.... I think let it be 10 week 10 interview with
inserts, documentary like - and visualization of as the code has
evolved. Gource vid as insert perhaps? Community size, registered
projects, number of features per release.... perhaps...

Zoltan

2013/8/28 Joe Brockmeier <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:10:44AM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:
>> I talked to John Terrill, our new PR contact at Red Hat about this
>> just yesterday. We'll definitely get the word out, but if anybody has
>> ideas for things we can do at this point, speak up! The team originally
>> talked about doing 52 weeks of interviews with Fedorans new and old,
>> but I have no idea where the people who were working on the plan have
>> gone. (Are you there? ...out there? ...out there?) That also may have
>> been overly ambitious. But we could resurrect that plan with the renewed
>> interest in the marketing team, and rather than 52 leading up to the
>> anniversary, we could do one per month during the next year /starting/
>> with the anniversary. Thoughts?
>

> I like the moxie, but 52 weeks might be a bit much. I don't know that
> we'd hold people's interest with a new interview each week, even
> assuming we get them completed and published.
>
> A monthly retrospective would be good, I think. What if we focused on
> different teams in Fedora, major milestones, etc.?
>
> e.g. - September: FPL retrospective w/interviews; October: Major
> technical achievements that landed 1st in Fedora; November: How Fedora
> got its four Fs
>
> etc.
>
> I think those would have some social media value and interest. Thoughts?
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
> jzb@xxxxxxxxxx | http://community.redhat.com/
> Twitter: @jzb  | http://dissociatedpress.net/
> --

PGP:  06853DF7