Re: wiki challenge -- now on the wiki

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neville,
>
>  When I blogged about the SWOT, I got a great email full of information
> regarding SELinux. If anyone wants to pick it up, I can provide all the
> info, some of them is compatible with our licencing, other is provided
> by NSA and other institutions, which can be used to write an article or
> whatever as long as we don't go into pelagic issues.
>
>  I can ask the person who sended me all that info to send it to someone
> who wants to pick up the topic.
>
>  Though I'm not an engineer, despite I understand the concept
> (theoretical and operational) of SELinux, and been defending it as a
> great feature/technology present in Fedora, I dont feel capable of
> taking it and really highlight it in the way it should.
>
>  SELinux is actually something we should care a bit more promoting, as
> it's a strategical advantage of Fedora compared to other distro's, as I
> mentioned before, for example Novell deploys openSuSE with SELinux
> disabled and AppArmor enabled, despite they are not the same, I would
> assume they are competitors in the segment they designed for.
>
>  +1 for SELinux.
>
>  NM

I am not an engeneering either... There was even a fedora class room
on selinux, which I did not attend because of work.

I resent that many places, the best solution offered to setup services
is to turn down selinux. I think is something that technical people
should try to explain better to the rest of us. Some day we shoul
start looking for those places where thre ae commands for turning off
selinux and comment on alternatives.

I found myself battling among selinux and automatic bug reporting tool
after installing F12. I finally gave up and choose to unistall the bug
tool from family computers, and turned off selinux on my computer.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217