[in the news] Fedora 12 Offers Latest Features and Usability

Database Trends and Applications
12.16.09

Fedora 12 Offers Latest Features and Usability

[clip]

"Overall, one of the things that is really important about Fedora 12 over previous releases is that we have stepped back from the platform a bit to look at the overall user experience that people have, and we have spent a good amount of time applying effort to the fit and finish of the distribution to make for a more pleasant experience when people are using it," Paul Frields, Fedora project leader at Red Hat, tells /LinuxLine. /

"The fit and finish that we have done extends from everything down to the engineering work that has been done to provide a beautiful boot screen all the way up to the way that icon spacing done is in the interface and we have looked at everything in-between. And while we don't feel like we are finished with that yet, we do feel like Fedora 12 was a real leap ahead in terms of being a very polished, solid distribution that anybody is able to use."

Full post:
http://www.dbta.com/Articles/Editorial/Linux-News/Fedora-12-Offers-Latest-Features-and-Usability-60265.aspx