Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Re: slashdot

Nicola Losito wrote:

I'd like to read "Fedora does not encourage, endorse or include" .... leaving open some doors.

You said Fedora Project will not include mp3 codecs. Thats not going to change as long as it is a proprietary patent encumbered format.

In any case in the mail exchange with Raul i've said that I'd like to see a more consistend distribution of software into an handful of repo, and not the actual plethora, never said that Fedora should include mp3 proprietary codec or whatever :-)

Fedora Project only include three repositories officially - Fedora Core, Extras and Legacy. Thats just a handful.

Yes, 14.
Essentially the one's available in FedoraTracker's list, avoiding ATrpms and JPackage which gave me problems several times.

To me, that seems like it would be a lot of trouble, and a recipe for instability in the system.

Yes, indeed. And that's why i am discussing it :-)

These are third party repositories you choose to install yourself. Why discuss that here?

Rahul