Re: Someone's missing the point...

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Well, a "desktop" should easily fit on a single CD, and yes,
that's really what we want.  BTW, I've been always wondering:  do
all these people that like single CDs have broadband to download
hundreds of megs of extra stuff?  Or they do not anything that is
not on the CD?

Nothing preventing people to setup up Fedora Extras ISO's.

No no.  We are talking about "single CD" installers.  People
believe three or four CDs is a lot...

The installer itself is getting the capability to read repository meta data. So inspite of a potential single CD release, other repository meta data can be used during installation. Fedora Extras ISO images could be useful for other scenarios too. Someone interested should step up to do the required work.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/YumBackend

regards
Rahul