Re: Intent to retire nethack-vultures (Vulture's Eye and Vulture's Claw)

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 09:03:31 -0500,
 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll look harder to see if I can get a copy of 3.67. It isn't available any more from where I got it and I may have lost the copy I had downloaded to evalute a number of years ago.

There is some source code archived at:
https://archive.org/details/VultureForNetHackCommunityEdition2.4

It doesn't have as much coverage as 3.67. I haven't verified that this is the modified nethack code. If it is unmodified, then it's useless for vulture. The build instructions seemed to be for nethack and so might turn out not to be very useful. This was archived in 2017 and probably is from no earlier than 2015.

Steam still seems to to the package and a slash'em version as well. They are supposed to come with source if you get them, but I don't know if it will be really usable. I'm not getting a Steam account to check out what is there. (When I get proprietory games, they are DRM free from GoG.)