Re: Doom engines

>  On 08/20/2011 11:22 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>
>  On 08/20/2011 11:08 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>
>  No, I'm not.  The files vavoom would want the user to download are not
> owned by the vavoom package, they're in the user's ~, are they not?
>
>  I am talking about doom-shareware.desktop and doom.autodlrc and you are
> talking about the data it downloads
>
>  Right.  I'm saying each RPM could have it's own versions of those two
> files, which use the same paths in the user's ~
>
>  Now we are going in a bit of a circle.   To reiterate what I asked in the
> first mail,  I am asking if there is a better alternative to just
> duplicating these files?  Why?  Because I just built a vavoom update and
> had
> to fix doom.autodlrc because one of the mirrors was not valid anympore.
> Now
> if there are multiple engines packaged, such a fix would have to be
> propagated across three or more packages depending on how many "ports" aka
> different doom engines gets packaged.

I thought you meant duplicating the data files only.  You could put the
autodlrc in a -common package for one of the engines that both require.
Make it so chocolate would require vavoom-data-common or whatever, as
would vavoom, but chocolate wouldn't require vavoom proper.

> Rahul

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie