Re: Doom engines

On 08/20/2011 11:22 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

On 08/20/2011 11:08 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
No, I'm not.  The files vavoom would want the user to download are not
owned by the vavoom package, they're in the user's ~, are they not?
I am talking about doom-shareware.desktop and doom.autodlrc and you are
talking about the data it downloads
Right.  I'm saying each RPM could have it's own versions of those two
files, which use the same paths in the user's ~

Now we are going in a bit of a circle.   To reiterate what I asked in the first mail,  I am asking if there is a better alternative to just duplicating these files?  Why?  Because I just built a vavoom update and had to fix doom.autodlrc because one of the mirrors was not valid anympore.  Now if there are multiple engines packaged, such a fix would have to be propagated across three or more packages depending on how many "ports" aka different doom engines gets packaged.

Rahul