Re: Warsow for the Games Custom Spin?

Michał Bentkowski wrote:
2007/11/7, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx>:
Well as said, you will have to ask them again for permission to redistribute
the data files freely (in unmodified form). Maybe you can suggest a license
like Create Commons Attribution No Deratives to them, which does exactly that.

I've just had a cursory look at warsow's data package and there's such
statement in license.txt file:

"Game data files are copyrighted by their respective authors. You may
only
redistribute the game data in unmodified form unless you have written
permission from the copyright owner."

So it seems we don't have to ask for nothing.

Well, that text is a bit vague, which is why I asked for clarification in the past, and indeed its fine to distribute, still I believe it would be good to have a mail from upstream (which I had but unfortunately lost) stating that its fine to redistribute it freely as long as its not modified. Anyways I won't make a big problem of this, unless I turn out the one to review it.

Regards,

Hans