Re: Notes on games spin

Hans de Goede wrote:

Not in this case, thje idea is that the (error) dialog gets shown when the user tries to launch a 3d game from the menu.

The idea is to create a generic wrapper script and then modify all opengl games to use this (atleast all in the kickstart file)

I think this would way too annoying. I just want to provide a gentle nag. Not to frustrate users every time they try to launch 3D games which I suspect will happen if we modify all the related menu entries to launch a dialog box.

Hmm I didn't know it was _that_ bad. I'm not a second life user, I just thought having the client in F-8 and the games spin would be cool. In that case I guesswe better wait till F-9.

I am not a second life user either. I was basically checking it out when I began planning on a games spin and spend a few weeks researching the available ones. You might want to try out the client yourself. Doesn't take more than a few mins to create a user. I plan to write a few reviews shortly when I get more time.

Rahul

Rahul