Notes on games spin

Hi

Are we still planning on doing a CD spin or just a DVD spin? IMO, a CD spin doesn't make much sense considering the size of the games but if anyone feels strongly that it would be useful, I could create a kickstart file for that.

In a previous discussion in #fedora-games, someone suggested that a games spin might disappoint folks since we don't provide proprietary drivers. One of the ideas that I came up to tackle this is a driver buddy. It won't install any drivers nor will it contain pointers but act more like a nudge for users to get cards that has open 3D drivers. So if you have a Nvidia card for example, you will get a message explaining the non-availability of open drives and link to cards that has one.

Fedora bookmarks has been separated from the browser in the last release. Do we want to have games specific bookmarks by default? Someone would have to create a package if this is desirable.

Do we want a special theme for the games spin? We could request the art team to be creative and come up with a distinctive background, look and feel.

Finally, is there any major good games that are possible to package or waiting on review that we need to have before we release this spin?

Rahul