Re: last prboom update

Hi Nicu,

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Last prboom update is awful. The lack of functionality (not possible to
> change the screen resolution or go full screen) can be forgiven, the
> datalos is much worse: the old configuration (like keyboard mapping) is
> lost and savegames from the old version does not work ("incompatible
> savegame" error message).
>
> I guess this was caused by the changes made upstream, not by packaging,
> but this is a kind of situation one would be expecting whenm updating
> from Rawhide, not from the stable branch.

I apologize for this.  I was a little overeager to push out this release
when I should have done so for the devel branch only.

I filed an bug upstream about the screen resolution problem.  Even
though the on-screen menu has removed this option, you can still change
the resolution using both the configuration file
$HOME/.prboom/prboom.cfg and the -width and -height command line options.

I haven't run into the fullscreen problem, though.  If you go to
options->general there is an option to switch from fullscreen to
windowed mode and back.  Is this not working for you?

I completely overlooked the incompatibilities with savegames because I
didn't have any 2.3.1 save games when I upgraded.  I apologize for that
oversight.  Just remember, 'iddqd' can help get you back to where you
were before.  :)

--Mike